Ubisoft have announced the multiplayer modes that will be available in the upcoming For Honor when it launches next year. The publisher revealed the five modes that will be making their way to the final game:
- Dominion is a 4v4 objective-based mode in which two teams of four players fight for control of the battlefield. It’s a mode that relies upon skill, communication and teamwork.
- Brawl 2v2: Each team of two players need to kill the two enemy Heroes to win a round. Skill, awareness, cooperation and the capacity to use the environment to the player’s advantage are key components.
- Duel 1v1 puts two Heroes face-to-face in a fight to the death. Skill is fundamental in Duel, but as in Brawl, players have the possibility to use the environment to their advantage.
- Skirmish is a 4v4 Team Death Match mode. Combat skills are key, as players score points for their team by killing enemy Heroes.
- Elimination In this 4v4 mode, the last surviving player on the battlefield wins the round for their team.
Additionally, For Honor’s multiplayer modes will be playable with or against other players (or bots) in split-screen multiplayer on consoles.
Ubisoft also announced that they will be holding a closed alpha test for the game, running September 15-18 on PC and consoles. Anyone interested can sign up at forhonorgame.com.
As part of Gamescom, Ubisoft also released a new trailer focusing on the three factions of For Honor, which you can check out below: