Following a leak earlier in the day, Ubisoft officially announced Watch Dogs 2. All of the information in the leaked 30-second Twitch ad has been confirmed – the sequel will be set in San Francisco and will be available for PC, PS4 and Xbox One on November 15, 2016.
Watch Dogs 2 will once again focus on hacking, as players take on the role of new protagonist Marcus Holloway, who falls foul of ctOS 2.0’s predictive algorithms and is accused of a crime he did not commit.
Marcus embarks on a quest to shut down ctOS 2.0 for good, and will be able to take control of drones, cars, cranes, security robots and more. He’ll also be able to hack any connected device to trigger a series of unpredictable events.
As well as hacking, the game will also feature driving, stealth and gunplay mechanics. Utilising the San Francisco setting, players will be engaging in car chases through the winding streets of the city, exploring the rooftops of the vibrant Oakland and infiltrating the offices in Silicon Valley.
Dominic Guay, senior producer at Ubisoft Montreal, said in a statement:
“Our creative team is working hard to deliver an outstanding Watch Dogs experience. In Watch Dogs 2, we’re excited to give players a captivating storyline with engaging characters that offers deeper, more meaningful hacking options, a greater variety of gadgets and weapons, and a brand new seamless multiplayer experience that will appeal to fans of the original Watch Dogs as well as players new to the brand.”
You can also check out the list of features released with the reveal below:
• Explore a Massive and Dynamic Open World – Experience an incredible variety of gameplay possibilities.
• Hack Everything – Every person, vehicle, and connected device can be hacked. Take control of drones, cars, cranes, and more to use them as your weapon.
• Connect with Friends – Play co-op and player-versus-player activities in a seamless shared world.
• You Are in CTRL – Develop your skills and combine hacking, weapons, and stealth to complete missions in ways that suit your playstyle.
• Welcome to the San Francisco Bay – Experience the winding streets of San Francisco, teh vibrant neighborhoods of Oakland, and the cutting edge of Silicon Valley.