Nintendo hosted a new Direct yesterday to talk about its Wii U and 3DS line-up coming this Summer. The Direct, which lasted just over 40 minutes, highlighted some new games coming West over the next few months, and gave us some release dates for some previously announced games. True to their word, they didn’t talk about their upcoming NX platform.
- Controversial co-operative FPS Metroid Prime: Federation Force was given a new trailer, with Nintendo also confirming that series protagonist Samus Aran will cameo somewhere in the title (although she won’t be playable). No release date was given for the game, although it’s expected sometime during Spring 2016.
- The Fire Emblem/Shin Megami Tensei crossover has been given a Western title. Known as Genei Ibun Roku #FE in Japan, in the West the game will be called Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE. The game was also given a June 24 release date.
- The Paper Mario game that was leaked last month was officially revealed as Paper Mario Colour Splash. The game will launch for Wii U later in 2016.
- A new Kirby game was announced for 3DS – Kirby: Planet Robobot. The game was revealed with a lengthy trailer, and will launch on June 10 alongside a new line of Kirby themed amiibo.
- Monster Hunter Generations is coming to 3DS this Summer. Released late last year in Japan as Monster Hunter X, the trailer shown for Generations confirmed that players who have save data for Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate will receive an unspecified bonus. A price drop for Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate was also announced, as a way to help newcomers get into the series.
- Azure Strike Gunvolt 2 on 3DS was given a Summer release window and a new trailer.
- Hyrule Warriors 3DS launches on March 24.
- Super Mario Maker is receiving a free update on March 9. The update includes new items for course creators, including keys, and a new mode: Super Expert Mode. This mode will gather the toughest Mario Maker courses into one mode, and is designed to challenge the more skilled Super Mario players.